Launch X431 V+ X431 PRO3 reviews good and bad, generally speaking you get what you pay for.
1. It’s a great scan Tool to work with I recommend It
Work great on My BMW 2003 525i
2. No issues so far after working with it on multiple cars over the last month. If you purchase this, make sure to check out the OBD mode six in the main menu.
3. I’m a master tech with 38 yrs on the job, I have a snap on Modis but needed a second scan tool. This works great actually did some vehicles I had trouble with the Modis. And it’s convenient that its wireless.
4. Got this and so far it’s done what was expected happy with it used to replace a aultel maxs908p because the cost to update it is close to this cost. Found a special at under 1000
5. Update. Seller has quick and great response. Solved all my issues. Charger was stuck underneath under cables and was easy to see when they sent me the picture. OBD is powered by the car when attached in the OBD socket so no need to charge it I guess. Only gripe is the annoying updating process but pad is awesome.
Scanpad came very fast, but came with no charger for the actual pad or the OBDII receiver. Update was easy but their servers are probably constantly bogged down by people trying to download and install the drivers, so it took about an hour of hitting the download button and restarting the pad before I was able to get all the updates. Had the older version of the pad so I know it works great already, just a hassle. But seriously no charging wires for the pad or OBD?
6. Great product. Worked in every car I tested so far and will definitely give more information in newer model vehicles. Not every car it scans the VIN but the option is there to manually enter VIN or select the vehicle from list. It’s great to quickly find and solve your vehicle problem and even show you issues that your vehicle might be having without even show up warning lights on your dash. I have updates for the next 2 years for all model vehicles and if you ever need to factory reset the tablet or you could replace with any android tablet its easy to login on the website and sign in your account and password which will be created during setup and re download everything. Great support also right here on obd2shop.co.uk from the seller. No regrets so far
7. Perfect reset tool for 99 e46.
8. Setup and registration of the X431 Pro3 tablet
However, the setup and registration of the tablet is the key to getting the most use out of the X431V+.
Actually, you don’t have to register the device in order to use it. However, the pre-installed car model data I found to be very limited, so I would suggest the first thing you do is get it registered so you can download all the latest data updates.
The process of registering is kind of “old school”, for lack of a better description. Reminds me of how you had to register your Autocad way back in the 90’s. How so? Well, I think I cover it will in the video, but basically need to use the serial number from the back of the device. Then you take that serial number and email it to the seller you bought it from on www.obd2shop.co.uk. After they activate your serial number, then you can connect it to your wifi and then download all the updates directly on the device. The interface is like your standard Android tablet and it updates just like you would update your laptop computer. When I contacted the seller, who was very helpful, he did mention that the update timeframe is one year. But he assured me that the product can be used for many years afterwards with no worries. So as long as you are not constantly working on the latest models or cars, this should not be an issue.
I checked a few user groups on facebook and this seems to be the general consensus, that the useful life of one of these expensive auto scanning diagnostic tools is about 5 years (assuming you haven’t beat it to death before then), and that Launch makes the best third party tool out there.
9. The end result was great, I’ve used this against a solus ultra. Pull and clear codes, Data stream and freeze frame, graphing, logging, but no oscilloscope or boro scope or Dmm capabilities (although it does read sensor voltage and such in data display, don’t confuse the two). That’s okay for me, as I have a Dmm, and a borescope for when I need to visually see something.
the scanner worked flawlessly in Mexico and was put up to the test with vehicles from Latin America and US, it connected with various makes and models, so far ever thing we throw at it, communicates with.
It has also communicated with the Nissans 4 cylinder diesel engines and many other small diesel engines sold in Latin America.
I have yet to find a car this scan tool couldn’t do something on. The bidirectional control of the x431 is amazing for its price. Everything! I can even reset oil change lights,
For example: In a grand caravan you can command the door motors to open, and even sweep the dash gauges to test for faults in the dash.
It is slightly slow to do the full system scan, but it’s no slower than the snapon solus is, but on individual mode selection, it loads as fast as you can click. I’m sure I’m going to find a few areas where the solus outperforms the x431, but I have found any yet.. But for my garage this has quickly become a valuable tool.
The x431 let me reprogram ignition keys in a Honda element that the solus could not, so there will also be many more times when this outperforms the solus.
One more comment, and after all that, it’s still a tablet (seems to be a Lenovo, which is of good build quality too) with the obligatory Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.
the scanner has a 10 inch display and connects via Bluetooth which makes connectivity much more easier and clean, no more cables hanging or keys to insert, the battery life is great and you even get all the other amenities that android offers. it has a front and rear facing camera and the case is made up of a combination of plastic and rubber to protect it from drops. Inside the box comes all the connections and adapters needed for OBD2 and OBD1.
One more, this buy came with free one year updates which leaves us with a total of two year vehicle coverage.
I would definitely recommend this X431 pro3 scanner to all of you who want an OE level device and even for the professionals.
Great tool for what you pay, highly recommend.