It’s easy to use the new OBD2 Mileage Correction Tool for 2015-2017 Mercedes Benz:
1. First, use the <1 OBD Read Config Info> option to get the vehicle configuration information;
2. Then remove the meter, follow the picture to the wire, and program the MCU with the <2 MCU Data Programming> option;
3. Then reinstall the meter and write the vehicle configuration information with the <3 OBD Write Config Info> option;
4. And finally, use the <4 OBD Read Mileage> and <5 OBD Write Mileage> options to read and write the kilometers.
Here takes 2016 Benz w205 as an example:
Step 1: OBD Read Configuration Information
Configuration data must be saved after successful reading!
Step 2: MCU Data Programming
At this time, you need to remove the back cover of the dashboard, select the type, and select the wiring method according to the type.
You can open the wiring diagram directly, there are 5 wires in total(as the picture). The meter is divided into 8-drive and 11 drive. Please confirm whether the meter is 8-drive or 11-drive.
After connecting the wires according to the wiring diagram, perform the operation.
If the MCU data is edited successfully, the wiring can be removed.
Step 3: OBD Write Configuration Information
The configuration information is the data read in the first step, and you can select the saved data at this time;
Then you can get the prompt that the vehicle configuration information is written successfully
Finally, you can adjust the mileage
Use the <4 OBD Read Mileage> and <5 OBD Write Mileage> options to read and write the kilometers.
For example, we wrote the mileage of 12345; Then read it out is 12345km.
Look at the dashboard again, the kilometers are correct! The steps are complete!
Please kindly Note:
1. <1 OBD Read Config Info> and <2 OBD Write Config Info> communication takes 15-30 minutes, Please make sure the vehicle battery is sufficient!
2. Before operating <2 MCU Data Programming>, Please confirm whether the meter is 8-drive or 11-drive.
When you start step 1, the following prompt may appear:
If Odometer Correction is supported, here are the tips: Make sure the vehicle battery is sufficient.
If Odometer Correction is not supported, here are the tips: For cars before 15 years, you need to add a filter, and then you can operate steps 4 (OBD read kilometers) and steps 5 (OBD write kilometers); cars after 17 years do not support Odometer Correction temporarily.