The internal programming of the Autel MaxiSys Diagnostic System, known as the firmware, can be updated using the Update application. Firmware updates increase the MaxiSys applications’ capabilities, typically by adding new tests, new models, or enhanced applications to the database.
The display device automatically searches for available updates for all of the Maxisys components when it is connected to the internet. Any updates that are found can be downloaded and installed on the device.
Part 1: describes installing an update to the MaxiSys Diagnostic System firmware
A notification message displays if an update is available when the Push Message function is enabled in the Settings application.
Image 1: Sample Update Screen
1. Navigation and Controls
Home Button – returns to the MaxiSys Job Menu
Update All – updates all available updates
Search Bar – search specific update item by inputting the file name, for example: a vehicle make
2. Status Bar
Left Side – displays the MaxiSys device model information and serial number
Right Side – displays an update progress bar indicating the completion status
3. Main Section
- Left Column – displays vehicle logos and update firmware version information; tap the About button displays a function list in PDF showing more details about the firmware
-Middle Column – displays a brief introduction about the new changes to the firmware operation or capabilities. Tap ○i button to open an information screen to view more details, and tap the dim area around to close the window.
– Right Column – according to the operation status of each firmware item, the button displays differently.
a) Tap Update to update the selected item.
b) Tap Pause to suspend the updating procedure.
c) Tap Continue to go on updating the suspended update.
To update Autel MaxiSys firmware
1. Power up the MaxiSys Display Tablet and ensure that it is connected to a power source and with steady internet connection.
2. Tap the Update application button from the MaxiSys Job Menu; or tap the update notification message when received one. The Update application screen displays.
3. Check all available updates:
- If you decide to update all the items, tap the Update All button.
- If you only want to update some individual items, tap the Update button on the right column of the specific item.
4. Tap the Pause button to suspend the updating process. When you tap Continue to renew the update, the updating process will resume from the break point.
5. When the updating process is completed, the firmware will be installed automatically. The new version will replace the original version if there is one.
Part 2: How to update Autel MaxiSys Pro MS908P Software?
(Suitable for MaxiDiag Elite, MaxiCheck, TS501, TS601, AL609, AL619, EBS301, OLS301, VAG505, MOTPRO)
Note: when registering the tool on our website, please make sure that the serial number and register
password that you input are correct. On the tool itself, you can press on Setup->About to double check
the serial number and register password. If you only have the S/N, please contact our technical support
to check out the register password.
Step 2: Update via Computer
1. Log in our website with your Autel ID and password, and then download the latest PC Suite for your tool from your account.
2. Then please install the PC Suite on a Windows computer that can get Internet access.
3. Insert the SD card to USB port of the computer via a SD card reader, run the PC Suit, then input your Autel ID and password
to log in our system. If you forget your password unintentionally, you may always click the [Forget Password?] to link to our
website and reset your password.
4. Then wait for the Update window to display. You can use the pull-down menu on the right corner to select the correct SD card
if two or more SD cards have been connected to the PC. And you can click on the Install button to download the software updates.
5. To ensure the good performance of the scan tool, it is recommended to download and install all the software updates.
6. After downloading all the software, please insert the SD card back to the tool; then you can enjoy the new software.
Autel MaxiSys MS908S Pro: