This post author put together the best BMW key programmers reviews.
Details of Autohex II BMW Lite Locksmith with HW4:
Hextag makes things even easier by reading all cas without removing any components. I’m also liking the hextag DME/DDE trial.
● Read old ISN in BMW E series for following Ecus:D62M57A0, D62M57B0, D60PSA0, D50M57A0, D50M57E1, D60M47A0, D60M57A0, MEV9N46L, ME9N45, ME9N62, ME9E65_6,
N73_L0, N73_R0, ME9N62_2, MSV70, MS450DS0, N62_TUE, N62_TUE2.
● Read Long ISN (SK) in BMW E series from following Ecus: MSV80, MSD80, MSD81, MSD85, MSD85Y, MSS60, MEVD176K, ME17N45, MED17_2, MED17_2N, MEV17_2,
MEV17N46, MEVD174K, MEVD174KW, MV1722, MVD1722, MEVD172, MEVD1724, MEVD1725, MEVD172Y, MEVD17KW, D70N47A0, D70N47B0, D71N47A0, D71N47B0, D71N47C0,
D71N47D0, D72N47A0, D72N47B0, D73N47A0, D73N57A0, D73N57B0, D73N57C0, D73N57D0
● Read Long ISN (SK) in BMW F series from following Ecus: MEVD172Y, MEVD172, MEVD1724, MEVD1725, N63TU_L0, N63TU_R0, S63TU_L0, S63TU_R0
● Read long ISN (SK) in BMW E and F series on Bench using Factory Mode. No need to open the DME/DDE (Only Autohex II can do this function)
● CAS1, CAS2, CAS3 and CAS3+ read only ISN and SK
● Key Programming For E and F series (CAS1, CAS2, CAS3, CAS3+, CAS4, CAS4+, FEM, BDC)
● Do diagnose and service functions from Autohex II (Read and erase fault codes, data stream values, activations, reset adaptation,…)
● Use BMW ISTA-D on Autohex II WVCI (BMW ISTA-D Driver)
● Unlock security of BDC and FEM to able to: Change BDC and FEM VIN, Change BDC and FEM
● ISN, Mileage Reset for BDC and FEM, and making a key for BDC and FEM.
● Read ISN of MSD85, MSD87, MSV90 in F series.
● Read and write CAS 1,2,3,4 EEPROM and FLASH 100% safely using HexTag tool.
● Read and write other modules from BMW,Mercedes, Audi, and others BDM protocol by HexTag tool.
● Modify KOMBI Mileage by HexTag tool.
● Renew all BMW keys, and many other brands by HexTag tool.
google search “BMW explorer”, there will be official site in the first rank, click it for details and using instruction.
Below are module list:
VVDI2 BMW key programmer reviews:
454 pages so far
Besides, google search “VVDI2 BMW” or in this official blog, there are many VVDI2 test reports.
Or you can look at VVDI2 user manual for complete details.
VVDI BMW reviews:
No review yet. This is what VVDI factory claimed:
1. OBD key learn: support CAS1/ CAS2/ CAS3/ CAS3+/ CAS3+ISTAP/ CAS4/ CAS4+ version.
2. File make key: support CAS1/ CAS2/ CAS3/ CAS3+/ ISTAP/ CAS4/ CAS4+, etc.
3. Support FEM/ BDC system generating key, replacing FEM/ BDC control units, reset mileage.
For more details, search in VVDI BMW user manual
CGDI BMW Reviews:
Excellent tool so far. no bricks or problems.
extremely fast for cas1, 2 & 3
for cas3+ if need downgrade 10 minutes and seems safe.
make sure you have proper power on the car
cas4 F10 – ok (new key)
cas4+ F10 – ok (new key) isn from org key or dump DME
fem/bdc F31 – ok – reset mileage, change isn, change vin, make keys with oryginal key and with dump from DDE
cas3+ E60- ok , downgrade and make key with isn from org key
You can reuse an old key and reprogram it, there is a button that says unlock key. I tried and worked with aftermarket key, did not try on an original BMW key to unlock(tested on e60 cas2)
and yes it is safe if downgrade for CAS3+.
Read ISN form MSV80 result OK
Read and wright ISN cas 3 result OK
Did a 2008 E60 CAS3+ had to DOWNGRADE it took about 10min and programmed key successfully
Did a 2008 E60 528i it asked for Downgrade it took around 10min no error codes all perfect key works
Instructions for cas4 F10 key programming:
Cas4 can only be done by reading DFlash from Freescale cpu then load into programmer software and generate key. It can no ne done by obd.
You need xprog or vvdi prog to read the dflash.
Yanhua mini ACDP BMW key programmer review:
1). I’ve have only been using a month but so far no issue. I bought really for CAS4 as I have other programmers for keys, isn etc. I’ve had no issues with it so far and have done cas4, cas3, frm, key renew, retrieved isn from MSD85. I use on laptop not phone and have very happy with it so far. Are you getting any pins detected, I could understand if maybe 1 or 2 pins not detected but if not able to detect any that would point to bad unit. Be sure to use their cleaning tool for pin connections, I tried without doing when I first got it and noticed I would get no detection on certain pins. Also make sure switch on side of OBP+ICP is not in can mode. So far the hardest part of using this tool was the initial setup and authorizations, been flawless so far.
I have had very good luck so far. The PC connection is wireless, 2.4MHz, will not work on 5G. Took me forever to find that out.
2). Reading eeprom cas4 and make a key for f11 so far done.
cas4 reading eeprom compared with vvdi reading and its matching 100%
AK90, CG-PRO & Hextag review:
1. If you just want EWS and CAS, I would suggest scooping up an AK90 for about $20 to handle all EWS, and CG-PRO for $300 for all CAS. I do all CAS keys from dump, since even the fanciest of OBD tools occasionally brick a CAS. CG Pro does CAS1-CAS4+ from dump. It can even read ISN from key on 3+ and 4+. To make things even sweeter, it will even read ISN from some DME.