Hi dear friend, how’s your weekend ? Today we’d like to share with you
How to Update ICOM A1 /ICOM A2 to firmware to V1.38
The new veresion icom need use the new Firmware to do .
BMW Perfect version ICOM/ICOM A2/ICOM A1 software has upgrade to V2015.07, (v2015.8 working on WIN7 also available now) the new version ICOM ISTA-D ISTA-P has to work with super version BWM ICOM A2+B+C wifiwith firmware 1.38.01. Follow the instruction below to update Super ICOM A2 firmware to V1.38.01.
BMW ICOM A2 With WIFI diagnostic system shares the same firmware update instructions, the only difference is the login IP.
Ordinary ICOM A2 login IP: http://169.254.92.38:60080/
Super ICOM Software Version: V2015.7
ICOM Hardware/Firmware Requirement:
Super version BWM ICOM A2 with firmware 1.38.01 1.24.00
How to Update ICOM A2/ICOM A1 Firmware to V1.38.01?
Update video checking : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yg1BhA_J9Qk
Please connect Super version BMW ICOM A2 with computer using Network cable and feed super ICOM A2 using 12V power adapter or connect ICOM A2 with BMW vehicle.
1) Unzip ICOM A1/ICOM A2 V1.38 firmware update tool on the desktop
2) Open the unzipped folder and read the instruction on Notepad first
3) Open IE Internet Explorer, Browse to http://169.254.33.45:60080/, login with user name/password: root/NZY1150263
4) Click on “Update Firmware“, you will able to see the ICOM firmware information
5) Select “ICOM-BootImage-01-24-00.bin” file, set the image type to “SYSTEM”, click “Send the file”
6) When the system pops up “Write the image file to the flash?”, click Yes, then the ICOM red indicator will flash
7) Then the system will display “The SYSTEM IMAGE update was successfully”, click “update firmware“,
8) Select “ICOM-ApplicationImage-03-38-01.bin” file, set the Image type to “APPLICATION“, click on “Send the file”
9) When the system pops up “Write the image file to the flash?”, click Yes, then the ICOM red indicator will flash again
10) When finishing updating, click “reboot“
Please Kindly notice when you do update :
1. Setting up your computer to obtain an IP address automatically
2. Firstly choose the smaller file “ICOM-BootImage-01-13-00.bin” , then set image type to SYSTEM;
3. Secondly choose the bigger file “ICOM-ApplicationImage-01-18-00.bin”, then set image type to APPLICATION.
That’s all for the update steps, have you got it ?
Warmly welcome to www.obd2shop.co.uk