OBDSTAR P50 Airbag Reset Tool supports one-click reset for 38 brands and over 3000 ECU part numbers. Such as Audi, Benz, Jaguar, Land Rover, Porsche, Toyota, VW, etc. This is a guide on how to reset Ford EcoSport Airbag ECU with OBDSTAR P50 on the bench.
Ford EcoSport Airbag ECU
Note: please keep P50 in charging & communication in the whole process.
Identify ECU Model
Airbag reset >> Airbag Reset Newest Version >> Auto Search Part Number
(Can click “Operation Instruction” at bottom to check the best detect way)
This function is available by connecting the server, please ensure the Internet connection is normal.
Please input the part number(case insensitive), support fuzzy search.
(Can check part number on ECU label)
In this case, it’s CN15-14B321-BE XC2361A
Please click “Diagram” at bottom to connect cables.
Please set the resistance switch of P004 adapter to on.
(Different cars are with different airbag ECU, please choose corresponding wiring diagrams)
Connect P004 adapter with main cable & airbag ECU via jumper.
Turn on 120Ω resistance.
Turn on power button of P004 adapter.
Airbag Reset Steps:
Read DTC >> Backup EEPROM data >> Erase crash >> Erase DTC >> Read DTC
1. Click “Read DTC” to check fault code, there’s a crash fault code;
2. Before airbag reset, please read & save EEPROM in advance to avoid data loss by wrong operation;
3. Turn off P004 adapter power supply for 30s, and then turn it on;
4. Choose EEPROM data saved to erase crash data;
5. Click “Start” at bottom to write EEPROM;
6. Turn off P004 adapter power supply for 30s, then turn it on again;
7. Click “Erase DTC” to clear fault code, crash fault code has been erased successfully.