After using it for some time, Launch X431 Scanner may be almost out of storage so the user will have trouble keeping it up to date. This article is guided to show how to fix it.
Note: make sure all apps on the Launch X431 device are CLOSED before operating.
How to expand Launch X431 Pros Mini storage?
As you can see, the older version X431 Pros Mini is using 13.65G out of 16G. It is gonna run out of storage and won’t be able to update.
1. Use a t10 torx to disassembly the backside handle off (total 6 screws). Take out the VCI module, it is in 2 pieces.
2. Open the covers on connection ports, pull off the outside rubber protective case, it is a little tight.
3. Remove the small 4 screws on corners to take the case apart.
4. Now we can put the SD card in slot to add storage.
How to expand Launch X431 V 8 inch tablet storage?
X431 V 8 inch only comes with 16G storage, it is expandable by up to 32G via SD card.
1. Take off the outer rubber case.
2. Remove the screws on corners to take outer case apart.
3. Find out the slot on the pad to replace a new SD card in.
Now the X431 scanner is able to update with extra storage!
This is how to replace SD card to add more storage for Launch X431 Scan Tool. Any questions please contact us.